Sunday, March 12, 2006

another be-u-tiful day!

okay, so i stole today's group ride pic from tom. thanks tom!

i have to remember to bring my camera one of these days. ride pics are always good. it ended up being much warmer than i thought it would be. around 70 degrees. we started w/ a huge group. i don't know what the head-count was but there were probably 20 of us? same route as last week. this cold must've taken a lot out of me since i felt much stronger last week. i felt pretty good on the way out to b'ham but after the break, my legs were feeling pretty tired. maybe it was my rear tire going flat. it's completely flat now sitting on top of my car. yeah, that's it, the flat rear tire slowed me down. that's my story, and i'm sticking to it.

it was very tempting to have a post-ride adult beverage at tom's but i knew if i had one, i'd have another, and well, you get the point. so instead i came home, had my indian leftovers from friday and had some of my own beer. it was fantastic! so, 4.5 hours on the bike this weekend and my ass is sore! i can't wait until next weekend!

ride stats
ride time 1:43
total miles 24.29
avg. speed 14.0
even though this week's ride was faster, for some reason i felt slower.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a lot of familiar faces and pasty white legs in that pic. I have been getting lots of miles in (over 500 this yr. already) but not making many group rides, missing my riding buds. I'm working 3-4 days a week at D&D bicycles in Brighton and our week night hours are til 8:00 and I work most Sundays. The cool thing is since it's only 9 mi. to work I have been commuting by bike almost exclusively for almost a month now.
See ya on the trail soon (hopefully)...
CycloDan

12:04 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Alden said...

hey ya old coot! 500 miles is awesome this early in the season! i don't much care for the cold so i've gotten in 120 miles on 4 rides so far. looking forward to some epics w/ you this year!

12:11 PM, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home