Tuesday, August 21, 2007

here i am...

...the one that you love! grrr...air supply pisses me off.

so, i'm back by popular, or more realistically, not so popular demand. i've been away from the computer for the last 5 months. okay, so i lied. i really haven't been away from the computer for 5 whole months, just away from my blog. maybe it's because i never know what to write. maybe because no one really cares about my obsessive/compulsive tendencies. maybe it's because the blog became plain ol' boring. i did nothing but bitch in here. and who really wants to be brought down by someone's blog? not me, my friend! so, i've spared you all the details.

well, it hasn't been all bad. actually, life's been treating me pretty well the past 5 months. i completed the 1/2 marathon at the end of april, i went to disney at the end of may, i did the tree farm relay with my beloved teammates, i've been working my ass off. so where does that leave any time for riding? well, it hasn't. i've only ridden a dozen or so times ALL year. of course, now i'm kicking myself since it's late august and i'm in (relatively speaking) piss poor shape. but, i'm getting back into it. slowly. i've still partied like a rockstar all summer! not something i'm proud of, but fun nonetheless. drinking just gets me into WAY too much trouble! ;-)

best of all, i've managed to stay healthy this summer! no unexpected hospital visits, no crazy pains. actually, this is the best i've felt in years! can't complain about that.

on a sad note, i thought i'd make mention of a good friend's wife who passed away on august 2nd after a brutal battle with breast cancer. she was 36 and left behind two young children. that really bummed me out for awhile. life just isn't fair. but it goes on. and she will not be forgotten. not by me. not by her husband. and certainly not by her children and loving family. rest in peace, shelly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home