Sunday, March 25, 2007

weekend doings

another weekend gone...all too fast. no riding either. yeah, i know i suck. i wasn't feeling too good on friday or saturday. there's been at least one person ill in my household for the past 6 or 7 weeks. it's crazy. we just keep passing things back and forth. i felt nauseous friday afternoon and most of the day yesterday so i really didn't feel like riding. i chilled out most of the day, lifted some weights and headed out to the party. yep, i wasn't planning on going, but i was talked into it. i knew it would be fun, and it was. it was really good see all these people i haven't seen all winter. the party was pretty chill so i got a chance to talk to a bunch of people i either haven't talked to in a long time or people that i normally don't converse with. good times although i didn't get home until almost 4:30. my how time flies! i did end up with a bloody, fat lip! if you really want to know, you'll have to ask! ;-)

consequently, i didn't get up until 2pm today. i need my beauty sleep. well, if my beauty was actually measured by the amount of sleep i get, i'd be sleeping 24/7. i knew i had to get in my first long run today. i had to muster up enough energy and finally did at 8pm. my long run today was 5 miles. i went a bit further and felt okay. i'm stupid. my 3 mile run on thursday i couldn't hold back and ran all out for 3 miles and that put the hurt on my shin. i don't think it's healed but i'm gonna try to run through this as long as it doesn't get too bad. i have my training plan down. i'm gonna add 1.5 miles to my long run each week which would put me at 11 miles the weekend before my race. i'm still keeping my fingers crossed because i REALLY want to do this race!

it's funny how i keep talking about running, isn't it? i'm not too worried about the PLRA race even though i should be. i don't think i could ride all out for 50 minutes right now. we might be getting some people together to ride yankee next weekend if it's nice. i guess the trail is in awesome shape. that will definitely give me a good idea where i'm at fitness wise on the bike.

looks like it's gonna be a very short day today. time to shower and hit the hay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home