Thursday, March 15, 2007

results?

i had my stess echo this morning. weird. my blood pressure again was high. actually, it was VERY high this morning. something like 158/94, which is higher than i ever remember seeing it. so either something is going on, or i'm subconsciously nervous about the tests. if i remember correctly, my bp was normal when i saw the cardiologist 3 weeks ago. i'll have to follow up w/ the cardiologist tomorrow to see if they want to monitor it.

anyway, the stress test was interesting. they had my walk on the treadmill at an incline and then increased the speed and incline every two minutes. their normal protocol is every three minutes but seeing as i was in good shape, they thought they'd speed things up. sure enough, my hr steadily climbed until i was at a 20% grade and running. i maxed out at 186 ( i think). my quads and calves were on fire so that was all i could take. so they had me jump off and immediately lay down to have my heart imaged with the ultrasound. it was weird laying down after maxing out my hr. i felt a little light headed and woosie but that was probably because of all the blood pooling and having not eaten in 16 hours. i should have the results tomorrow. the techs did see a couple of pvc's during exercise but i didn't feel them. if anything was seriously wrong, i would've heard from them by now.

so, now i'm wondering why my bp has been high this week...not to mention i've been having bloody noses which i NEVER get. weird. oh well, this just keeps my life interesting. my health always puts things into perspective. that's why i try not to get caught up in all of the little bs that plagues my daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home