Wednesday, August 09, 2006

mid-week musings

yummy lunch at this crappy place i call work. this place sucks ass. so they've been trying to get us fairly compensated for the last year and a half by doing all this research into salary ranges for our industry. they told us we would be at the 25th percentile for our job description salary range. personally, being in the 25th percentile does NOTHING for me. so three-quarters of all other employees doing the EXACT same thing as me are making more than me. so what incentive do i have to bust my ass and now hang out on the luv board all day? NONE! keep in mind that they want to bring us up to the 25th percnetile since we are currently below it. so my boss told me last night they're gonna make a 6.5% adjustment. i told him that was unacceptable and that i had a certain dollar amount in mind...roughly twice what they were offering me. yeah, yeah, everyone says they're underpaid but i have the proof by looking at salary surveys and talking to other people, not to mention looking at actually salary ranges within other companies. so my awesome boss talked to human resources this morning and told them what i wanted and that it would cost them more money to go out and look for a replacement. he also told me that what i had asked for would put me right at the 25th percentile. WTF???? i thought they were automatically putting us there. so instead, they were gonna short change me again. uh-uh. not this time. i really hope they follow through and put where i think i should be, but what company EVER does that? so hopefully things work out so i can get the rest of my medical bills paid and out of the ghetto neighborhood we live in!

i said goodbye to my beloved WRX yesterday afternoon. some stranger drove it off into the distance. i was, however, rewarded with a hugh wad of cash! i don't think i've ever held that much cash before! unfortunately, it's money that's already spent. not on anything good but on brain surgery. well, i guess it's good because i probably wouldn't be here typing right now if i didn't pay for it.

so, i'm looking forward to the weekend! i've been WAY too busy to ride. it's been 3 frickin' weeks! going up to boyne highlands for some play time. hopefully, it'll be fun and i don't bonk because i'm sooooo out of shape!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home