Sunday, April 09, 2006

weekend happenings

another full weekend. saturday started out kinda slow. i was feeling lazy and tired. at around 3PM, i finally mustered up enough motivation to get myself outside and ride. it was sunny but a bit breezy and a little chilly. i didn't want to ride the trails because we had gotten a ton of rain on friday. so the plan was to do all of hines. i know earlier in the week i said i would do six hours or sixty miles. i lied. i wanted to do 40 since i wanted to get to the fireman's party at a decent time. i parked at the warrendale lot just east of telegraph and headed towards dearborn. i didn't realize hines ends at ford rd. so i followed the paved path through u of m dearborn and ended up in a car dealer's lot. i guess the paved path is the rouge gateway trail. i recognized the bridges from pictures i've seen. so i turned around and headed towards northville. the wind sucked ass! it was a pretty easy paced ride but i was low on fuel. i put the last of my HEED in the water bottle and it was maybe two scoops. i finished in exactly 2:30 and the mileage back to my car was exactly 40 miles! my ass and lower back were killing me! i really need a new saddle for these types of rides. it's not so bad on the trails since i'm constantly shifting my weight and standing up but on a road ride it's just pure torture sitting there for hours! i think my lower back pain is from lack of abdominal strength. i never do ab work. there's no better time to start than right now!

i made it over to the fireman's party around 9:00. i'll just say that the party was a lot of fun and leave it at that.

i made my way home this morning and was WAY hungover. i'm just not used to drinking anymore. i briefly considered erin's offer of going to yankee w/ her and andy but i thought better of it and curled up in my own comfy bed. i slept until 2:00 and still felt pretty crappy. all that drinking and lack of sleep made my cold even worse! i was so congested i thought my head would explode! so i made some food and tried to decide what i wanted to do. it looked absolutely beautiful out! bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky! too bad i was feeling so crappy. i finally made up my mind at around 4:30 that i was gonna ride. i knew i would kick myself if i didn't, plus i always feel better if i do something. soooo...i decided to go up to novi. it's close and well, it's close. i don't think i'm a real big fan of novi anymore. it's a slow trail. to many tight turns. it's like you're on the brakes all the time. i think i've been spoiled by pontiac and yankee. now those trails are fun! i forced myself to do a second lap even though i was seriously lacking in energy and my back was killing me again. so two full laps and then some thai food afterwards. yummy!

that wraps up yet another weekend. two more weeks until yankee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home