Monday, April 10, 2006

more weekend musings...

my last entry was quite long and i didn't get a chance to put down all of my thoughts. after my road ride on saturday, i'm seriously reconsidering doing addison solo. i rode for only 2.5 hours and would have to do that same route three more times to be close to my ride time goal of ten hours. i definitely could not do that three more times. not even close. one more time would've been painful. two more times would've been death and three more times would've been just plain ol' impossible. i just don't think i have it in me. i don't think i'll have it in me in a month either. so, what do i do?

"training" has been a bit frustrating too. i feel so slow on the bike. and judging by my yankee times, i am slow on the bike. i was hoping i'd be a lot faster with all the training i've done so far. no, i'm not training nearly as much as the expert/elite guys, but i don't expect to turn expert/elite lap times either. i just figured i'd be more towards the top of the sport class and not mid-pack like i am now. so i've decided to take training less seriously (unlike some people) and just enjoy riding. that's what it's all about for me. yeah, it's fun to hang w/ the fast people but i'm never going to be committed enough to train that hard. so, i'm just gonna be content riding my bike, having fun and hanging out w/ cool people. i'm still gonna race this year but with different goals in mind. later this week will mark the two year anniversary of when i was diagnosed with my tumor. i remember thinking that i would probably never ride my bike again. well, here i am two years later, stronger than ever and enjoying life. no one is ever gonna take that away from me no matter how slow they think i am on my bike.

1 Comments:

Blogger hodaddy/Joseph Foy said...

Good Attitude Alden!!!!

2:17 AM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home