Monday, February 27, 2006

still dreaming...ugh!!!

so i'm trying to figure out which 29er to get. yeah, yeah, i know, you thought i had settled on the monocog until i could get enough cash together for a geared build. i'm thinking, screw it. all i would need is a frame, fork, disc wheelset, disc brakes and then swap the rest of the parts over from my fango. that wouldn't be all that expensive, right? i'm pissed that they don't make the reba 29er w/ brake bosses. if they did, i could use my sweet king wheelset from my crosser and i wouldn't have to buy discs or a new wheelset. that would save me about $400-500! it's the sizing that's gotten me all messed up. on paper, the 16" dos niner is almost identical to my fango. i'm just wondering if i would have any toe overlap or if i would feel cramped on such a small frame. the 18" looks a little roomier w/ a 90mm stem but the standover clearance would be nil. i think i would want the smaller frame as opposed to racking the boys on the top tube when i bail on some technical rocky section. oooorrrr, i could go the custom route and have scotty quiring build me up a nice steel 29er. but, i really want the softail design. i love it on my fango. grrr...i'm being so indecisive. maybe i should just stick w/ the monocog and be a single speeder like all the cool people!

1 Comments:

Blogger Soupy said...

"maybe i should just stick w/ the monocog and be a single speeder like all the cool people!"

Yeah! =P

5:06 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home