Monday, November 13, 2006

lightfest

running. that's what i'm doing. well, that and single speeding. so i'm supposed to run 5 miles through the light displays on hines dr. tomorrow night. not a problem, right? well, if you guys know me well enough, i always seem to make things interesting. interesting, meaning i hurt myself or get sick or some other stupid-ass reason. i thought i'd get the legs loosened up tonight by doing a quick 3 miler. after 15 minutes both of my achilles started killing me! this has never happened before. ran 4.5 miles last wed. and felt fantastic. so what gives? i have no idea. i just know that i'm limping around and will probably have a hard time completing the 5 miles tomorrow. i'm definitely not doing it in 40 mins, which was my goal. it's so weird that out of nowhere my achilles hurts. i'm gonna tough it out, have a fun run and kill the pain w/ some beer and good friends afterwards.

i've gotten out on the single speed two more times. last thursday at stoney and yesterday at pontiac. oh my gawd is it addictive! i'm not the best climber on it...yet...but i think with a little bit of practice, i'll get a lot stronger. i'm really digging the rigid fork as well. it's not as bad as i thought and i'm riding it much smoother. my hands didn't even hurt after riding pontiac yesterday! like many other people, i just love the simplicity of the bike. no rattling chains, no mis-shifts, no ghostshifting and best of all no noise! i knew i'd be back into riding right as the cold weather rolls in. i just did so little riding this summer and now i'm regretting it just as i knew i would. i hate the cold but i should be able to get in another half dozen or so rides before it gets too cold for my pansy ass.

anyway, here's to limping my way 5 miles along hines drive! yee haw!

1 Comments:

Blogger Soupy said...

screw it.. ride the SS down Hines... Mow'em down!!!

11:48 AM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home