Tuesday, May 23, 2006

officially out

i officially withdrew from the boyne race today. i thought it was only fair to my teammates to give them a definite answer early in the week so they could find a replacement. as much as that hurt to pull out from the biggest 24 hr race in michigan, it had to be done. there's no way i could risk riding a lap in the middle of the night and have my appendix burst. i would be a deadman out there. as some people have told me, it's only a race. i guess they're right.

i wasn't feeling any better this morning so i made an appointment to see my primary care doc. she wasn't sure but also didn't think it was my appendix based on a physical exam. so wtf? the ct scan showed inflammation and a blockage but i don't have enough pain right now to confirm the diagnosis. so, it's still a waiting game. i meet w/ the surgeon again on thursday to follow up. i'm going to request they do another ct scan to see if the appendix is still blocked. if it is, it's going to eventually rupture, so that means surgery. ugh!

on the brighter side, i picked up my parts and dropped them off at the shop. i finally got to see my frame in person. it's a beaut! i can't wait for it to be built up! they said it'll be done by saturday at the latest. again, i'm not in any kind of hurry so they can take their sweet ol' time! i hope things work out for me and i get the green light to ride this weekend because it's gonna just kill me to stare at that thing and not be able to ride it! keeping my fingers crossed...

2 Comments:

Blogger Soupy said...

we're gonna miss having you with us, man.. but I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.. get better, and we'll party it up at O2S!!!

2:22 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

4:16 AM, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home